NEW!! New original songs on Tim’s Myspace page
also see the “What’s Hot” pages
Tim plays the guitar solo on Purple Haze (by Jimi Hendrix) … it’s just so … WRONG!
(He did not, fortunately, set his beloved zebra wood mandolin on fire …)
The Politically Incorrect Mandolin (upcoming CD)
the mandolin maniac
All tracks were unprofessionally recorded in July and December, 2007 using a Superscope PSD340 home CD recorder and either its internal microphone or a Nady SCM900 studio microphone in Tim’s living room or basement. Tim will post better quality recordings when he can get around to it, but is absorbed in writing new original tunes these days (samples).
These recordings may contain material some people may find mildly offensive or inappropriate for children.
Here are some of the titles recorded and performers emulated for the CD (not all tunes are here yet):
1. Same Old Song and Dance – Aerosmith
2. Love is the Drug – Roxy Music
3. Contact High – Ike & Tina Turner
4. No Fun – Iggy Pop and the Stooges
5. Raw Power – Iggy Pop and the Stooges
6. Louie Louie – The Kingsmen (Richard Berry – composer)
7. Good Girls Don’t – The Knack
8. Who Do You Love – The Woolies (Bo Diddley – composer)
9. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love – Van Halen
10. Walking on the Moon – The Police
Why “Politically Incorrect”? While it is all popular music of the past few decades, the music recorded here was never intended to be performed on mandolin, and, in a few cases, involves politically-incorrect topics such as drug use and teenage sexuality. In general, it’s all musically, politically, and/or socially incorrect.
More to come … he’s unstoppable, but relatively harmless (fortunately)
Nullus Pretii (Latin for “no commercial value” – also appears on Frank Zappa’s first album cover)
last update September 19, 2008